Updated Mar 31, 2011 - 4:35 pm
Aardsma and Pineda throw, lineup posted
Some quick notes from the Mariners workout which is underway right now in Oakland. First of all, beautiful day. Mid 80's not a cloud in the sky. Tomorrow we expect more of the same.
The Opening Day Roster
I will have more tonight but wanted to let you know that as the first group was hitting David Aardsma threw a bullpen. It was his second bullepn of the spring. He threw 25 pitches and after trainer Rick Griffin told Jack Zduriencik that he looked good.
I talked to Aardsma before he threw and he said that he is not yet on a throwing schedule. He said that he is reacclimating himself to both throwing off the mound after a long layoff and still getting flexibility in the hip. He still has a ways to go but this is progress.
Until he returns it looks like Brandon League will close but the skipper stopped shy of calling him "the closer." He left open the possibility that he could go to one of the other veteran arms if needed.
Also, I am working on getting a line score but Michael Pineda threw in a minor league game in Arizona this morning and by all reports he threw very well. He is on his way to Oakland as I write this.
Bonneville Media encourages site users to express their opinions by posting comments. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. At times, the comments can descend to personal attacks. Please do not engage in such behavior. We encourage your thoughtful comments which: have a positive and constructive tone, are on topic, are respectful toward others and their opinions. Bonneville reserves the right to remove comments which do not conform to these criteria.
Some quick notes from the Mariners workout which is underway right now in Oakland . First of all, beautiful day . Mid 80's not a cloud in the sky.
- My favorite Dave memory
- Pineda's debut an opportunity to announce his presence
- Mariners vs Texas: First look at Bedard plus a wind update
- Sunday morning, Ryan a ball of energy and Aardsma sharp in pen
- Ichiro passes Edgar and the M's win in interesting fashion again
- From Opening Night to game 2
- Recap: Mariners chat with Shannon Drayer
- What will we see from the 2011 Mariners?
- Aardsma and Pineda throw, lineup posted
- Mariners finalize 25-man roster
- Felix Hernandez signs 7-year deal with Mariners
- Agency says no connection with Florida clinic
- AP source: Ibanez, Mariners agree to $2.75M deal
- Angels trade 1B-DH Morales to Seattle for Vargas
- Rick Rizzs keeps the Niehaus memory alive in the booth